I did a teeny tiny bit of writing. Like 125 words. *hides* I know, it’s been two months now since NaNoWriMo. I really need to get back to it. I need a boost or something. Help me out!
This was another month of pretty good reading.
- Ashburn (I.C.E. Agency Series: Book 1) by Julia Erickson
- The Exiled Queen (The Seven Realms Series: Book 2) by Cinda Williams Chima
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (Harry Potter: Book 4) by J.K. Rowling
- In His Steps by Charles M. Sheldon
- The Elfstones of Shannara (The Shannara Trilogy: Book 2) by Terry Brooks
- Cinder (The Lunar Chronicles: Book 1) by Marissa Meyer
- Stormbreaker (Alex Rider: Book 1) by Anthony Horowitz
- Up From Slavery by Booker T. Washington
- Unbroken by Laura Hillenbrand
- Mama’s Bank Account by Kathryn Forbes
- Scarlet (The Lunar Chronicles: Book 2) by Marissa Meyer
Ashburn: This was very fun and exciting! There was lots of action.
The Exiled Queen: Why did I read this? It ruined my favorite character through the actions he chose.
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire: I recently had rewatched the movie version of this so I just had to reread the book. So good.
In His Steps: Great book. It gives you such motivation to truly live for Christ. I had forgotten most of it so it was great to reread for school.
The Elfstones of Shannara: The Shannara Chronicles (a new tv show) is based off of this book. I really enjoyed this book, but I didn’t get as into it as the first one. But I can’t wait to read more.
Cinder: I was a little nervous at starting this. I mean, a cyborg? But only a little bit into it, I knew I shouldn’t have worried. It was fantastic!
Stormbreaker: Good book, for a kid. To me, it felt a bit unbelievable and had too many coincidences.
Up From Slavery: A very interesting autobiography Just not really my thing.
Unbroken: Oh my word!!! This was absolutely amazing. It was so so so good. I mean, what happened to Louis wasn’t great, but it was a very powerful and moving story. Everyone needs to read this at some point in their lives.
Mama’s Bank Account: Such a funny set of stories…with great life lessons.
Scarlet: It wasn’t as good as Cinder, but it was still wonderful. It was kind of creepy too. I wasn’t expecting it. But I love Wolfe!
I’m currently reading:
- One Thousand Gifts by Ann Voskamp
- The Finest Hours by Michael Tougias and Casey Sherman
One Thousand Gifts: Sadly, I haven’t read any of it this month. I need to get back to it.
The Finest Hours: Really neat. Almost unbelievable. I can’t wait to see the movie!
Okay. Twenty One Pilots. ‘Nuff said. Well…maybe not. It is absolutely addicting and about the only artist I’ve been listening to since early December. I hardly listened to Christmas music because of it! Oh my…
The Blacklist. What did I get into? I just finished season two last night. And I started it January 2nd. That is forty-four episodes in how many days? Yeah, I know. But it is so amazing. James Spader plays the main character and I just love him! He also does the voice of Ulton in Avengers: Age of Ultron. His voice is. Just. Awesome.