I didn’t really write this month. I probably did about five hundred words total. I am hoping to get much more do this month.
I read some fanatic books this month.
- The Scarlet Pimpernel (The Scarlet Pimpernel: Book 1) by Emmuska Orczy
- Stars Above (The Lunar Chronicles: Book 4.5) by Marissa Meyer
- The Son of Neptune (The Heroes of Olympus: Book 2) by Rick Riordan
- The Mark of Athena (The Heroes of Olympus: Book 3) by Rick Riordan
- Defy (The Blades of Acktar: Book 3) by Tricia Mingerink
- Unwind (Unwind Dystology: Book 1) by Neal Shusterman
- Judge (Books of the Infinite: Book 2) by R.J. Larson
- The Winner’s Curse (The Winner’s Trilogy: Book 1) by Marie Rutkoski
- King (Books of the Infinite: Book 3) by R.J. Larson
- The Paladin Prophecy (The Paladin Prophecy: Book 1) by Mark Frost
- The Conqueror Worm by Edgar Allan Poe
- Alliance (The Paladin Prophecy: Book 2) by Mark Frost
- A Dream within a Dream by Edgar Allan Poe
I also read the Bible book Ephesians.
The Scarlet Pimpernel: This is probably one of the best classics I’ve read. The adventure was exciting. The romance was so romantic. I love romance set in an older time period.
Stars Above: I loved all the stories. But ‘The Princess and the Guard’ and ‘Something Old, Something New’ were my favorites! I just ship Jacin and Winter so much! Along with Kai and Cinder! I’m so sad the series is over.
The Son of Neptune: Finally! I’m reading about Percy again! This was fun and intense.
The Mark of Athena: Maybe even better than the one before it? I’m not sure. They were both great. But it was so cool to see Annabeth’s point of view for the first time!
Defy: *runs around screaming and squealing* THIS WAS SO SO SO AMAZING! Agh! The torture!
Unwind: This is one of those books that you keep thinking about long after you’ve read it. And the more you think about it, the more you like it. It was unique and twisted, but very good.
Judge: This was better than the first, but probably only because it had more of Kien.
The Winner’s Curse: This is now one of my new favorites. I love the style of writing. There were so many good quotes.
— Gabriela Paige (@GabrielaPaige99) May 20, 2016
King: This was good, but I didn’t think it was that good of a conclusion. It was definitely a bit rushed at the beginning too.
The Paladin Prophecy: For a reread it was as good as the first time. What a adventure!
Alliance: Totally not as good as the first one. It was choppy and didn’t flow well.
I’m currently reading:
- One Thousand Gifts by Ann Voskamp
- Rogue (The Paladin Prophecy: Book 3) by Mark Frost
I’m also reading the Bible book Philippians.
One Thousand Gifts: I’ve read one chapter and I got to say that the writing is amazing. It is so poetic.
Rogue: This is interesting. I’m hoping that it is better than book two.
Of course I’m listening to Twenty One Pilots. It is addicting. I’m trying to memorize all the rapping parts of all the songs.
I’ve also repeatedly played Lost Boy by Ruth B and Dead Hearts by Stars. They are catchy.
May 12th I went and saw Captain America: Civil War. I survived. I won’t give any spoilers, but what a great and heartbreaking movie. I loved how it ended, though I now want the next one so badly! Help!
LOST is turning out to be one of my favorite shows e.v.e.r. I love that there are so many characters and they’re all so fascinating and intriguing. Gah! It is creepy and scary, but I like it that way. It is different from other things I’m watching.
On May 29th I started Downton Abbey. Hmmm… It is interesting, but I have already seen some inappropriate stuff and I’m only on the third episode.
Have any of you seen any spaghetti westerns? I watched two this month: Joe Kidd and High Plains Drifter. I am loving them! They are so fun! The music, the long instances of silence, the gunfights, the land, it is all so neat.
I also saw this movie called Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon. That was interesting, really interesting. I watched it in Chinese with English subtitles. And what a strange ending.